The project aims at ensuring an effective and optimised IP communication over HF/VHF/UHF or satellite communication environments which suffer from low bandwidth, high error rates and high delays.
IP Over Radio Features
• Prevents time-out and disconnection in TCP*
• Improves the performance
• Prevents unnecessary repetition of the packages *
• Allows transparent and lossless data compression **
• Performs UDP/IP, TCP/IP, IP header compression ***
• Ensures data integrity in lossy environments
• Works in harmony with the data link layer protocols such as Stanag 5066, Stanag 4691.
• Runs completely transparent. Applications do not need to be changed.
• Provides up to 50% performance increase in data types such as text data.
• Provides and maintains TCP connection without loss of performance even at low speeds, such as 50 bps, 75bps.
• Works in harmony with the existing radios.
• Can be integrated into Windows, Linux or SCA compatible radios.
Compliant with * RFC 3135, ** RFC 1951, *** RFC 5225